Sunday, May 18, 2014

A Collective Haul: Amanda gets her first tax return

Alright, let me make it clear that I did NOT get a ton of tax return money and I DID NOT (it took a lot of power within me) spend all of it! I got enough back that i kept 1/3 to spend and put the rest in savings. I still have some left that I put aside for beauty and skincare but I really need to calm down (ha.). I had been craving some new products for both skincare and makeup. My stash (very tiny stash) was looking sad and wintery so I needed to spring and summer things up. I stopped by Ulta, CVS, The Body shop and Whole Foods to make my purchases. I'm pretty content with everything I bought but it left me with 2 things I absolutely have to return! Read on to see things I didn't really need but wanted.






-1-

-2-

-3-

-4-

-5-

-6-

-7- 
_Whole Foods Citrus Grapefruit Conditioner ($2.99) (not pictured but it smells like straight up freakin' ORANGES in a bottle!)



Swatches:

:(

I bought two things that did not work out. Since I was in a rush at CVS I grabbed the first cleanser that had benzoyl peroxide in it and after I used it last night it left a weird film on my face. Of course. It had mineral oil. That stuff clogs pores and makes my skin angry. So return it is. At Ulta I also purchased this Revlon Brow Fantasy pencil and gel duo. Alright. If you have light skin then this is for you. Personally, this stuff, even in the darkest shade (Dark Brown) did NOT show up on my skin at all! And i don't have bushy brows or thick pretty brows. My brows are pretty sparse and super thin. The gel is hardly noticeable if even at all and the pencil doesn't even show up on my skin! Super bummed about this product. I've been wanting to invest in a higher end eyebrow product but I don't know if i'm ready to hand over a 20. I don't really see the worth in a 20$ brow product. Eh. I'll stick to my Maybelline eyebrow pencil thing for now and play it safe. 


Any who, i'll check back in with how all these great new things are going. Hopefully it's all good. I hope. Tax returns only last so long...

                              Stay street  (◕‿◕✿)

2 comments:

  1. Craving products is something I can really relate to haha! Crazy how much can just disappear. Lovely blog :)
    & hope you will follow back.
    All the best,
    Nadia x.

    www.travelhelphopelove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think everyone in the beauty world can relate to that ;) But thank you so much! Means a lot that you checked out my blog! Definitely checking yours out! (^‿^✿)

      Delete

Follow on Bloglovin