Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Drugstore Dash: Reviewed


I recently did a "drugstore dash", in which I stopped by the drugstore to pick up ONE THING, and came out with two extra items. That isn't *that* bad, but when you're a college student and money is on the front line of everything...it's bad. But to counteract my supposedly dumb mistake i did kinda need these things. Walgreens of course sucked me into buying something that wasn't on sale by telling me i'll get 2,000 points. I better get to 5,000 soon cause this girl needs a point break. Read on to see what I purchased. 




1. Biotrue Multi-Purpose Solution $6.30 (at time of purchase)

Just your good 'ol basic contact solution. I don't feel a difference compared to the other contact solutions i've used. I may want to look into something thats super duper hydrating but at this point I'd have to get entirely new contacts. Solution wouldn't really help. I chose this one over the other, solely because of it's eco-friendly look and it cause it looked fresh and clean! Basic 7$ price for a biggish bottle when it's on sale. Sold.


I bought these on account of two things. I ran out of my yes to cucumbers face wipes and i knew simple products haven't done any harm to my skin. I've used their moisturizers before and nothing drastic happened. My skin was simply moisturized; no more, no less. I picked the exfoliating wipes because i've been feeling the Chicago air penetrating the lowest level of the insides of my skin (shh just go with it). My face had been feeling icky and this seemed like something that would help me rip through the nasties. Verdict: They're alright. They are "exfoliating" but it feels almost a bit too harsh. It's not wet enough so it just feels like a somewhat wet rough towel getting rubbed around my face. Gonna finish these and keep searching!


I ran out of my so totally clean deep pore cleanser toner that I buy from Ulta. It has salicylic acid so I used it morning and night after I had washed my face OR (forgive me) i'd use it on a pimple i popped during the day.... Anyways I ditched it cause I was starting to use 10% benzoyl peroxide on my skin and I didn't want those two to fight and make my skin all flaky and dry. This toner, as the brand's name suggest, is simple. It re-cleanses my skin after I wash it and it makes sure there's no leftovers. It has witch hazel which i believe aids in fighting acne. I might stick with this one for now but if my skin ever gets worse i might have to keep on searching.



Stay street  (◕‿◕✿)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow on Bloglovin